Fall Playlist

Take a look into some of my favorite fall songs, and some you should add to your fall playlist.

A lot of people may just see music as something they can listen to year-round. Even though that may apply to some songs, I feel like there are categories for the time of year. There is summer music, winter music, and currently fall music. Fall music is my favorite. More calm-sounding songs, impactful lyrics, overall just a perfect energy for the time of year. 

Whether it’s watching Gilmore Girls or listening to “Evermore” fall is just the perfect time of year. Here are some of my favorite fall songs. 

Starting with two songs that give similar vibes, Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood and We Fell in Love in October by Girl in Red. Even though they are pretty basic fall songs, they are still great. These songs just make me feel like it’s a rainy day and the leaves are starting to change. 

As a huge Gracie Abrams fan, I know she always has amazing lyrics that fit what she is trying to say. The song I miss you, I’m sorry, perfectly describes the feeling you sometimes get during the fall and winter seasons. Being one of my favorite songs I listen to it year round but it finds itself on repeat during fall. 

Next is Apple Pie by Lizzy McAlpine. A lot of her songs remind me of fall, but this song in particular just feels like the fall season. 

One of the most nostalgic songs for me for fall songs is There She Goes by The La’s. Which is from Gilmore Girls. It instantly puts me in a fall mood. 

From the Dining Table by Harry Styles, a heart-wrenching song, but the perfect addition to your fall playlist. 

I am someone who didn’t really listen to a lot of artists and stick to who I knew, but as I started to branch out listening to people my friends liked I started to find some artists/bands I really like. 1980s Horror Film ll by Wallows is a great song with a good vibe, perfect for fall. 

Obviously, I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, and I couldn’t just pick one song. She has multiple albums that are just the perfect fall albums so I had to pick a few of my favorites:

Champagne Problems 

Nothing New (feat. Phoebe Bridgers)

Exile (feat. Bon Iver)

Right Where You Left Me

I Bet You Think About Me (feat. Chris Stapleton)

Evermore (feat. Bon Iver)

Maroon 

The Archer

I know that is a lot of songs but it’s hard to pick just one fall song from Taylor. I would just recommend listening to all of Red and Evermore. Last but not least, one of the most perfect fall songs ever created All Too Well. 

I am a huge music lover, and it was very hard to just pick a few songs, so here are honorable mentions:

The Louvre by Lorde

Drunk on Halloween by Wallows

Cardigan by Taylor Swift

Ophelia by The Lumineers 

Sparks by Coldplay

Brooklyn Baby by Lana Del Rey

Coffee by Beabadoobee 

Like Real People Do by Hozier 

Vienna by Billy Joel

All My Ghosts by Lizzy McAlpine 

Matilda by Harry Styles 

Ribs by Lorde

Cedar by Gracie Abrams 

Heather by Conan Grey

Making the Bed by Olivia Rodrigo

Secret Love Song by Little Mix 

The Alcott by The National (feat. Taylor Swift) 

Story of My Life by One Direction 

Midnight Love by Girl in Red

Fine Line by Harry Styles 

Feels Like by Gracie Abrams 

Willow by Renee Rapp

Friday I’m In Love by Phoebe Bridgers

Pale September by Fiona Apple

Harvest Moon by Neil Young 

Afraid of Heights by Boygenius 

Let us know your ultimate fall playlist, or your favorite fall songs by leaving a comment.