Ladies Take the Stage at The Grammy’s

Take a look into my opinions on the big night, and highlight some major moments.

On Sunday, February 4th the 66th Grammys took place in Los Angeles. Avid music listeners, like myself, look forward to this event every year. With many standout moments, it was definitely a night to remember.

After the backlash from the host at the Golden Globes, people were excited to see Trevor Noah hosting the Grammys again this year. Trevor as a host is a welcome fit, he makes respectful and light-hearted jokes, he is very expressive, and knows what he is doing.  As someone who loves award shows and has watched them for as long as I can remember, Trevor has been one of my favorite hosts.

The woman of the music industry dominated the night when every televised and main category was won by a female. Even though SZA went into the night with the most nominations (9), Phoebe Bridgers walked out with the most wins (4). It was also Phoebe’s first Grammy’s ever. This had to be one of my favorite moments of the night as a big fan of hers.

It was a big night for a lot of other artists as well. Miley Cyrus won her first-ever Grammy for the song “Flowers”. It was also a big night for Billie Eilish, as she won two awards for her song “What Was I Made For” which was made for the Barbie movie

With a lot of highs, came some lows. As a big fangirl, obviously, I have my favorites. This year one of my favorite artists, Gracie Abrams, was nominated for her first Grammy. It was so exciting to see her be recognized for her work and made me so happy to see her at this huge event. Sadly, she did not end up winning “Best New Artist”, but it was still extremely amazing to see her nominated. 

If you know me or have read my stories you know I am a huge Taylor Swift fan. It was a very big night for her, and also for Swifties. She was nominated for six this year and walked away with two wins.

Not only did she just win two Grammy’s, she also broke the record for the artist with the most “Album of the Year” wins. She won with albums- Fearless, 1989, Folklore, and Midnights. She gets a lot of hate for many different things, so seeing her win this award was exciting to prove people wrong.

Leading up to the night, fans were speculating an announcement for her re-recorded version of Reputation. There were many signs that she would announce it. It is an understatement to say I was shocked when she said, “I have been keeping a secret from you for two years. My brand new album The Tortured Poets Department comes out on April 19th.” It was insane to see her already announcing a new album because of Midnights being so new. 

I am excited for this new Taylor era, and cannot wait to hear it, and hope for another successful year for all female artists, both veterans and up-and-coming.