Hydration Nation: A Thorough Review of Top Water Bottle Brands

An in-depth analysis on some of the most popular water bottles.

Walking down the halls, it’s hard not to notice the amount of water bottles that almost every student is carrying. With the variety of water bottles these days, it begs the question: what’s the best water bottle?

In this article, I’ve composed some pros and cons and other student’s opinions on what is truly the best water bottle.

When looking for a new water bottle, you need to think of what is most important to you. Do you want a water bottle that’s durable, do you want a water bottle that can keep your drink hot or cold for eight hours? I’ve compiled just a few of the popular water bottles that can be seen frequently around school.

First up, we have Hydro Flasks. I might be a little biased to these as I have one myself, but I think this is a pretty versatile water bottle.

For starters, they can keep your water cool for a long time. I’ve had ice in my water bottle stay frozen for up to two days! I also enjoy the amount of colors and sizes Hydro Flasks offer. One of the biggest cons I’ve experienced with them is the fact that they are so clunky, that dropping them is inevitable. Within the first week of having mine I dropped my Hydro Flask and cracked its lid, and got two dents in it. While they’re pretty durable, I wouldn’t feel secure if I was dropping my Hydro Flask everyday. Overall, I would rate them 7/10.

Second, we have Owalas. These have become popular within the last few months. I really like their color schemes, they’re super cute!

The water bottles themselves have two different straws, which were kind of weird to me when I first heard of them, but one of the straws is for sipping, and the other is for “waterfalls” or to chug your drinks. I personally don’t have an Owala, but I’ve heard good things about them. The only con that I’ve heard is that the Owalas aren’t really suited for hot liquids, like tea or coffee. Overall, I think this water bottle should be an 8/10. The color combinations are sometimes a little mismatched at times and I feel like I’d be stressed about matching with my water bottle if I owned one. I also think the whole “two straws” thing is a little strange.

Lastly, Stanleys. The past few months on social media have been really good for Stanley cups and their other lines of water bottles, but recently there has been a few controversies about them. Most concerningly, there was lead found in the sealing properties of their cups. 

However, according to the official Stanley website on whether their products include lead, “Once sealed, this area is covered with a durable stainless steel layer, making it inaccessible to consumers. Rest assured that no lead is present on the surface of any Stanley product that comes into contact with the consumer nor the contents of the product.” So, there’s no chance of lead poisoning for anyone who drinks out of their Stanley cups.

Controversy aside, I really like the wide variety of colors and customization that Stanley’s have. But honestly that is the only pro for these. They’re super bulky, barely fit in a backpack mesh cup holder, never fit in car cup holders, and they seem super heavy and inconvenient to carry around. Overall Stanley’s get a 4/10.

Most likely, there’s going to be a new popular, “cutting edge” water bottle next year, but for now these are the most popular water bottles anyone can see throughout the school. What water bottle do you use? Vote in the poll which is the best water bottle!

Which is the best water bottle?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.