The College Fair!

Last Friday, MCC partnered with the high school to hold a college fair in the main gymnasium.

Now, dear reader, you might be asking, “What exactly is a college fair?”

A college fair is an event where various colleges come together to show off their school and help students visualize to better understand what their lives after high school could look like. 

MHS Counselor, Karey Hawkins said, “[A college fair] gives students the opportunity to visit with representatives before making the commitment to visit a school’s campus.”

Being able to see all of the possibilities can help students realize things they hadn’t before. Many students aren’t even aware of all of their options! 

“Attending a college fair is a way for them to connect with multiple schools in a short amount of time,” Hawkins stated.

55 schools attended our colleges from all over the region, there was even a school from Arizona!

Meeting the admissions representatives and getting their contact information can really help a student be more comfortable and confident in the college they want to apply to.

Even if the college you want to attend isn’t at the college fair it is still a wonderful opportunity to network and get some cool merch.

More than just MHS students attended this year’s college fair, students from Wilton, Durant, LM, West Liberty, and Columbus Junction also attended! 

Many students found the college fair very helpful, make sure you attend next year’s college fair if you’re a Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior!