The Fall Menu at Starbucks: Is it Worth it?

As the fall season is at the tip of our nose, there are new fall menu items all around.

The fall season is finally coming around. Which means that the fall drinks are back at Starbucks. August 24th was the first day the autumn menu came back and pumpkin spice lovers were ecstatic. As someone who loves pumpkin flavored drinks, I am very excited to get an Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte. I am going to try some of the new, and old, fall drinks and give my honest and biased opinion!

First I got the Iced Pumpkin Chai Latte, which is a drink I got during fall last year. However, it is a new addition to the menu as an official drink. It is my personal drink at Starbucks. It is very sweet and tastes like pumpkin-y french toast. It has a cinnamon topping, which can be overbearing but besides that, the drink tastes like fall. It doesn’t taste like coffee, is very sweet, and the pumpkin is wonderfully prominent.
10/10 would recommend it to other pumpkin lovers.

New additions to the fall menu at Starbucks. (Mahayla Martin)

The Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, however, was not something I would get again. I am not a big fan of strong coffee, so cold brew is not always my favorite. It is very bitter even with the pumpkin cold foam. The balance of coffee to cold foam wasn’t enough for a semi-sweet coffee. I would recommend it if you liked strong coffee, but for my sweet coffee drinkers, it is not a safe bet.
6/10 wouldn’t be recommended unless you like bitter coffee.

The Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato is a sweeter option than the previous. I don’t think I could pick out the exact apple flavor. In my opinion, the drink tasted the same way that fall candles smell and didn’t have a coffee taste. It also kind of tasted like apple cinnamon oatmeal. I usually like macchiato’s, however I would probably not go out of my way to buy this drink.
7.5/10 not awful, but wouldn’t recommend it if you’re looking for a strong coffee taste.

If you are looking for a strong coffee taste, I would recommend the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. It is a very strong coffee, due to the espresso in the drink. Though there wasn’t a prominent apple taste, which is misleading. I personally did not enjoy the drink even though I like the brown sugar shaken espresso at Starbucks.
5.5/10 just not something I would get again, don’t highly recommend to others.

At the end of the day, many coffee lovers will continue to get Starbucks. Even though the fall menu provides more options, some of the drinks will leave you with a broken heart and a bitter taste in your mouth.