Studying at Musser

Where do you do your homework? Here are some reasons as to why you should study at The Musser Public Library.

The Musser Public Library has a welcoming atmosphere and is a true haven for high school students seeking a quiet and cozy space to study within. Despite this, the library is often overlooked. With its abundant resources and benefits for education, more students should be using this space to their advantage. 

Don’t get me wrong, there are plenty of students who love to study at Musser. Clarissa Franco, Senior, shared that she likes studying at Musser because it’s a space where she can work together with the peers in her classes.

“I just started studying at Musser this school year. I like to go there because my accounting class goes there to study and we all work together,” said Clarissa. 

Clarissa finds herself most in the study rooms on the second level. There are multiple different study rooms, but most consist of a table, chairs, white board, and outlets for chargers. These rooms are perfect for group work.

“Working in the study rooms has benefitted my homework because it’s a great space to work with others,” said Clarissa. 

Along with Clarissa, Junior Emmanuel Garcia-Gomez loves to go to Musser, and does his homework in the study rooms as well. 

“If I go to the library, there is a bigger chance that I’ll actually do my homework. Being in the study rooms helps me to lock in on my school work,” said Emmanuel.

Molly Garrett, Assistant Director at the Musser Public Library, kindly shared that Musser is an awesome spot to study.

Picture of a study/meeting room at the Musser Public Library.

“This is a great location to study/do homework for a number of reasons. It’s a beautiful space with a lot of versatility and varied work spaces. It is also one of the last spaces that people can go without the pressure to purchase something. Then, of course, you have a wealth of information and resources in the building as well,” said Molly.

The library staff usually sees high school students once school is over, right after they’ve gone to Black Pearl. Molly mentioned the best time to come by for homework related reasons is between 1 and 5pm. 

“We are really busy in the mornings and evenings for room reservations. Between 1-5, the spaces are a little quieter. It’s important to note that most of our spaces are locked and require a reservation. But don’t worry, this is really easy to do! Just stop at the Information Services desk and let them know you’d like to use a space. You can also reserve a space before you need it through our online reservation system,” said Molly. 

Next time you have a ton of homework or a big test coming up, try switching things up and studying at Musser. If you surround yourself with a quieter and mentally stimulating environment, it could boost your homework and test scores. 

“The Library is so versatile. It can really work for anyone and everyone is welcome. Our staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. We are genuinely happy to see our patrons. We also have a lot of resources that might be overlooked, like our databases. They can help in all kinds of ways. There’s one called HelpNow that is designed with students in mind. They even have live tutors and writing labs. To get all of this and more, all you need is a library card!” said Molly.