Make a Difference by Donating Blood and Being a Hero in Your Community

Learn more about the ImpactLife blood drives held at MHS.

Throughout every school year, the MHS Key Club hosts 3 blood drives. These blood drives provide students ages 16 and above an opportunity to give back to their community.

Every time you donate a pint of blood, you are providing three people with blood. This is because our blood can separate into three separate parts, platelets, red blood cells, and white blood cells. Each part is separated and used for different procedures.

As I am the President of Key Club, I am very involved with each and every blood drive. Even before I became a President, I have been donating at every opportunity. The school blood drives are very smooth-sailing and accessible for teenagers. I have never had a bad experience, and the ImpactLife staff is always very kind and understanding.

As blood is a necessity for survival, many students choose to give back and help others.
Lauren Audas, a Senior at MHS said, “I donate because it helps a lot of people.”

Lauren Audas, Senior, at the last blood drive. (Estella Bland)

Not only does giving blood help people in many ways, it is super easy to sign up and give blood.
“The process was really easy and the people from ImpactLife walk you through every step clearly,” said Lauren.

Since MHS hosts three blood drives, which provides students a simple way to give blood, without interfering with their schedule.

“I think the school blood drives are really good because they get people in that wouldn’t normally think about donating,” said Lauren.

If you donate blood six times before you graduate from high school, you will be awarded a red cord at graduation. The next blood drive will take place in February, so make sure to sign up through Jen Keltner, Amaya Wagner or even me.