The Rise of Country Music

Recently many artists began exploring the world of Country music, and for some fans this is a good thing and for others, not so much.

Country music is one of the fastest-growing genres in mainstream media today. This is the reason there has been such a large increase in writing songs to fit the ever-growing interest in country music. 

Artists like Beyoncé, Post Malone, and Dasha are currently working with the idea of country music. Though these artists have nudged their way into the genre, not everyone has been fond of the “new” sound.

Most notably, Beyoncé released her newest album, Cowboy Carter, which was categorized as a country album after the release of the ever-popular “Texas Hold’em.”

Post Malone re-released Joe Diffie’s song “Pickup Man” with Morgan Wallen, who is one of the most influential artists in country music right now. He continued on trend when he recently put out another song with Morgan Wallen, topping the country charts.

Pop artists aren’t the only ones who are experimenting with different types of music. Country artists are also leaping and re-recording their versions of songs that have impacted their lives.

Wyatt Flores and Luke Combs both re-recorded impactful songs for them. Combs with the Tracy Chapman hit “Fast Car”. His version of the song reached the number-one spot on the country charts for five weeks straight.

Wyatt Flores, a not-as-well-known name in country music, released his version of “How to Save a Life” by The Fray on his newest album. 

Though their songs are popular among many different groups of people, there has been some debate on whether pop artists singing a “country” song is country.

Country music is known for its acoustic sound, involving instruments like guitar, banjo, fiddle, and much more. The lyrics are also known to be more simple, while still telling a story to listeners. While pop artists are writing catchy songs for country radio their sound has a more upbeat and electronic sound that some viewers aren’t very big fans of.

Change is good, and a lot of the time a very exciting thing, especially when it comes to artists giving their fans new genres to listen to. With all of the new music coming out, there is so much for everyone to enjoy within the parameters of country music. What are you excited for?