Quizlet + is not a plus

Over the first couple of weeks, school students have been noticing some changes. One of them being the new changes to Quizlet.

Quizlet is an online studying tool that allows you to make flashcards and has additional games and tools to memorize the terms. Recently it has been updated. The update is called Quizlet+. It makes it so that if someone is trying to study it has limitations on you can use some of the tools. The goal being that they would buy Quizlet+.

Students have used Quizlet for a long time finding it helps them in a lot of classes. Sometimes teachers even make it an assignment to make flashcards for new terms. 

Students do not like the new update, “The new Quizlet updates that don’t allow full access to the Quizlet website are actually affecting my studying more than I thought they would,” said Liessie, a Sophomore at MHS. 

It is still possible to use Quizlet, but it’s not as beneficial as it once was, “I use Quizlet to study mostly for vocabulary terms in all different classes. It used to help me build long-term memory and helped me pass my tests but now the restrictions are only letting me use it for so long,” said Liessie.  

Most students are not willing to pay money from their pocket for Quizlet+. It costs around thirty-six dollars a year or eight dollars a month. 

Some people think that the school should provide Quizlet+. But it is unknown if that is an option. 

Students might need to find a new way to study effectively with the new updates.