Fashion Spotlight: Colin Millage

Read about Colin Milage, and his fashion style

People use their clothes to show a little insight into who they are. In our school, we have so many people who have a passion for fashion. Each one having a unique and cool style. Colin Millage has always used fashion as a way to express himself. Take a little look into how he styles herself and some of his favorites.

How would you describe your style?

Slightly casual with a vintage feel to it.

What is one piece of clothing you couldn’t live without?

I couldn’t live without my high-waisted Levi jorts because they are a summer essential whenever I’m going out for the day. 

What is your favorite accessory?

Styling any of my piercings. I have multiple ear piercings and one nose piercing and styling those in various ways with different jewelry based on the outfit I’m wearing that day is something I always find joy in. 

What is your favorite color to wear?

I’m really open to any color but whatever it is, it has to be a little bit muted because I don’t like to wear something too bright. 

Do you have somebody who is your inspiration for your style?

I don’t have one person I took toward for inspiration but the queer community has always influenced the way I’ve dressed because it has strayed away from traditional styles and clothing by using fashion to find self-expression. 

What decade do you think your style fits in the best? 

I think the 90s best fit my style because that’s when baggier style choices and denim were very popular. I’m always down to wear an oversized tee every now and then. 

Describe your process for getting ready in the morning.

Honestly, I decide on my outfit the night before because I barely have the mental capacity to get out of bed, let alone choose an outfit for the day. Before I go to sleep I usually just grab a shirt or top I haven’t worn in a while and spend too long deciding if I should wear a pair of shorts or jeans that look the best. 

Where do you shop? 

I primarily thrift most of my clothing because I’m able to find decent quality clothing at a cheaper price compared to what I would get at a retail store. When I don’t find what I’m looking for at thrift stores I go to places such as ASOS, Ragstock, Urban Outfitters, or Pacsun.

View Comments (1)