2023 Homecoming Dress Trends

Take a look into the dress trends from homecoming this year.

Every year there are trends at homecoming and dresses that stand out. This year I noticed several dresses that were similar to each other. 

We see trends in everyday fashion. Especially in our generation with things spreading extremely fast due to social media and ample amounts of ways to communicate with others. Homecoming is just another way for people to show their fashion sense and wear what makes them feel the best. 

As someone who grew up with fashion all around them my whole life because of parents who were in the industry, homecoming, and prom is my favorite time of the year. I love seeing all of the new styles and trends.

This year a very common style was just the simple sequin tight-fitting dress. I saw a lot of these this year. There were two types of these dresses though. Some were just plain colors, and others had designs. I think this is a pretty common style of dress because a lot of stores sell it and it’s pretty but nothing crazy. I personally like more unique styles, but I saw some of these dresses that I really liked. 

Another trend I saw this year is feathers. There were a lot of simple dresses with feathers either at the top or on the straps. It usually was a pretty simple strapless dress with feathers around the top of the dress. I’ve seen this dress in previous years, but it was definitely a common one this year. 

Along with the styles of dresses, there were some color trends. I noticed this year that a lot of people leaned toward bright neon colors. I really liked this trend because I am definitely a color girl. I liked to see a lot of color this year compared to darker more neutral colors.

Overall there were a lot of fun dresses this year, and I’m excited to see the trends at prom.