Ray and Roy: The Duo of the Century

A look into the friendship of Sophomores, Giavanna Cangro and Aniyah Conklin

Everyone needs someone to lean on and laugh with, a best friend. Best friends help you get through tough days and just have a good time. An example of best friends at MHS are sophomores Giavanna (also known as Gia) Cangro and Aniyah Conklin.

Gia and Aniyah met in fifth grade when they sat next to each other in band playing the clarinet. A few years later Aniyah transferred to Grant Elementary School where Gia went, which was then they became best friends.

“We just kind of knew that we were going to be friends,” said Gia.

Every good friendship starts with someone being scared of the other. Gia and Aniyah are no anomaly.

“I always was scared of Gia,” shared Aniyah Conklin.

“She was scared of me. I don’t know why. I couldn’t stop laughing at her all the time because she would never shut her mouth,” followed Gia.

Gia and Aniyah are the life of the party. You can’t walk into a room without knowing they are there. They light up the whole room with their laughter and jokes.

“We’re just a bunch of idiots,” said Aniyah .

They are always together and love to spend time with each other.

“There’s never something that we don’t do when we’re together. There’s never a dull moment,” said Gia, “There’s never a day that I’m bored when I’m with her.”

“You know when you add onto the jokes and you just can’t stop laughing that’s just like what it is with us,” said Gia.

Both of them love to joke around and have fun all of the time.

One thing that is unique to this friendship is their shared TikTok account. The TikTok account houses videos of them dancing and making thirst traps in their ray and roy costumes. The account has reached 38 followers and counting.

Ray and Roy are their alter egos or them dressed as boys. They started Ray and Roy last year on Halloween as their costumes.

“It was cause it was a last minute thing cause we were supposed to be something else and didn’t end up getting all of the stuff and we’re like how about we just be boys,” said Aniyah

The costume then grew into them making a TikTok account for their personas. Sometimes the pair will even dress up as Roy and Ray for theme days at MHS.

“We kind of just made it up cause we thought we would get a lot of followers. It was funny, we just wanted to make thirst traps,” said Gia, “We dance and we lip sync to like thirst trap songs we try to make people laugh.”

Both of them are really passionate about the account. They try to spread awareness the best they can.

“Last year we printed out paper that said hey ladies and we put our TikTok on it,” said Gia,“We want to put QR codes on papers and put it around so people scan it and get our tiktok that way.

Gia and Aniyah’s Tik tok is @rayyynroyyy so make sure to go follow to see more content about them!