Hallway Pet Peeves

Discover your peers pet peeves in the halls, and even learn what you could be doing wrong during your passing period!

Do you get angry with certain things going on in the halls? Well trust the rest of the student body when they say you’re not the only one. Many people have something that bothers them when they are going from class to class, or even when they’re on the way to the restroom. 

Ninel Verdinez and Kaitlyn Ford, taking up the hallway for their conversation.

When students are walking to their next class, sometimes they are met with a circle or maybe even a couple students standing in the middle of the hallway, having conversation, when they could be walking and having the conversation too. Your conversation could be making a peer late to where they need to be.

A student at MHS, Macy Reno, mentions that even her own friend makes her mad in the hall when she starts to weave in front of her while walking next to her.

One thing Kaitlyn Ford does to avoid these issues in the hall is to, “Yell at them out loud, and walk as fast as I can to my classes,” Kaitlyn said. 

A major pet peeve of a lot of students is the slow walkers, because sometimes they are in a rush to get to class. Being a slow walker can also get you in trouble with people who step on the back of your shoes. Even if you’re walking fast people will still step on your shoes, it’s a problem!

“I’m a fast walker, you should not be that close to me,” said another student at MHS, Ninel Verdinez. 

Kaitlyn Ford and Chevy Palmer, committing PDA.

A general thing that makes people annoyed or uncomfortable is PDA. Some couples are too lovey dovey in the hallway when it can be safe for when they are alone in their own homes, where not everyone is there to see. Sometimes people would rather the couples keep their affection private, and it is reasonable. 

Things like screaming, running, or taking up more space on one side of the hall really are not necessary and can be disruptive to other classes going on if it isn’t taking place during passing time.

People generally are not mindful of the other people around them which is the main reason people are so frustrated because if you can’t move with traffic correctly in a certain amount of time, then you should just get out of the way. 

Don’t be the problem, fix the problem. Make sure to move out of the way in the halls, and walk your conversation to your next class!