Freshman Fireball: Taryn Watson Shines on Varsity

Get to know about Taryn Watson as she tramples the court competition.

Basketball season is in full swing, and there is a new and fierce face on the court – Taryn Watson. Watson is a Freshman on the girl’s varsity basketball team. She is an occasional starter and a vicious point guard. 

As of right now, the girls varsity basketball team is 4-1, which is a very good indication for the rest of the season. Taryn brings some youthful energy to the team and can work with the other girls to make a great season.

As the youngest on the team, Taryn has a lot to prove, but her teammates have been very supportive of her accomplishments. 

“The team has been very accepting and with most of them being upperclassmen they have helped make the transition a little easier. They have been excellent leaders and role models,” said Taryn. 

Taryn has grown up around basketball. It has always been a staple in her life. In fact, she has been dominating the court since preschool. 

“I took a liking to basketball at 3, but started playing organized at the age of 4,” said Taryn.

Taryn has always been athletic, and she is very passionate about track and basketball. 

“My favorite thing about the sports I am in is that I have gotten to meet people from all over the state and the country while being in [track and basketball],” said Taryn.

The mighty Muskies aren’t the only team that Taryn belongs to, but she loves her Muskie family.

“I’ve played for multiple AAU teams over the past few years. This year I would have to say my favorite part is the relationship I have with my teammates,” said Taryn.

Once Basketball season concludes, Taryn will go from running on the court to running on the track team. 

Show your support for Taryn at the next home game on January 12th at the MHS Gym!

View Comments (1)