10 Movies to Look Forward to in 2024

2024 is going to be a great year for movies. There are lots of sequels and lots of original movies set to come out. It is hard to predict a film’s success, but hopefully, the list of films below will be as good as they seem. 
 1. Dune: Part Two:

The long-awaited sequel of the “Dune” series is scheduled to come out to theaters on March 1st. It is directed by Denis Villeneuve, and stars Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya as the leads, along with Rebecca Ferguson, Florence Pugh, and more. This is not the last movie in the series, viewers will again be left with a cliffhanger. “Dune” will become a trilogy, ending with Dune: Part Three.

2. Mickey 17:

Set to release March 8th, Mickey 17 is a Sci-fi/Adventure film. It is based on the novel Mickey7 by Edward Ashton, but is written and directed to screen by Bong Joon-ho who directed one of the greatest movies of all time, Parasite. The film features Robert Pattinson as the lead, along with Naomi Ackie, Mark Ruffalo, Toni Collette, and Steven Yeun as supporting actors. 

3. Challengers:

Starring Zendaya, Mike Faist, and Josh O’Connor, Challengers follows Tashi, a pro tennis player turned coach, as she attempts to make her husband a tennis champion. Directed by Luca Guadagnino, who famously directed Call Me by Your Name, and Bones and All, the film is going to be a hit. It is set to release to theaters on April 26th. 

4. Madame Web:

Madame Web is going to be released to theaters on Valentine’s Day. Directed by S.J. Clarkson, it will be a continuation of the multiverse run Marvel has been on lately. Which some people are no longer interested in. Dakota Johnson plays the titular character, Madame Web, and Sydney Sweeney, Isabela Merced, and Celeste O’Connor are all going to be important characters. 

5. Drive Away Dolls:

Drive Away Dolls is directed by Ethan Coen, famous for doing work with his brother, Joel Coen, like No Country For Old Men and Burn After Reading. This is Ethan Coen’s first solo movie and follows Jamie, played by Margaret Qualley, after a breakup. The movie also features Beanie Feldstein, Colman Domingo, and Pedro Pascal and is set to release on February 23rd. 

6. Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse:

After being left on a huge cliffhanger back in June, the Miles Morales Spider-Man journey sadly ends with this movie. It is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Justine K. Thompson, and Kemp Powers, with actors Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, and Oscar Issac returning to their roles. It was previously set to be released on March 29th, but due to the SAG-AFTRA strikes, the release date is now unconfirmed. 

7. We Live in Time:

We Live in Time has been a very quiet film. There is no set release date set yet and the plot is still unconfirmed. All we know is it is a romance film following Almut and Tobias, played by Florence Pugh and Andrew Garfield, that is deeply moving and humorous. It is directed by John Crowley, most famous for his film, Brooklyn

8. Nosferatu

Nosferatu is set to release Christmas day, but is nowhere near a Christmas fairytale. It is inspired by the novel Dracula but has a different take on it. It is about a terrifying vampire, played by Bill Skarsgård, infatuated with a young woman, played by Lily-Rose Depp, along with actors Willem Dafore and Arron Taylor-Johnson. Directed by Robert Eggers, the film is bound to be a horrifying experience.

9. Paddington in Peru:

Paddington in Peru follows the same little bear in Paddington 1 and 2, but is directed by a new director, Dougal Wilson. The movie follows Paddington as he travels to Peru to visit his aunt and is sure to be just as magical as the other two. It is set to release to theaters on November 8th and stars Ben Whishaw as Paddington, Olivia Colman, Hugh Bonneville, and Julie Walters. 

10. Wicked Part 1:

The first part of Wicked will be released theatrically on November 27, and part two is said to be released a whole year later on November 26th, 2025. This is a big deal for theater kids after the let-down Mean Girls the Musical presented. It’s directed by Jon M. Chu and stars big names such as Cynthia Erivo, Ariana Grande, Jeff Goldblum, and Michelle Yeoh. 

Honorable mentions: Kung Fu Panda 4, Inside Out 2, Knives Out 3, A Quiet Place: Day One, Back to Black, The Fall Guy, Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, Twisters, Beetlejuice 2, Joker: Folie à Deux, Maxxxine, and many more.