Love in Lyrics: a Valentines Playlist

Valentine’s day can bring up a lot of emotions. For some people it is a day where they get to show their love to someone very important to them. For others, it is a traumatic day that they would rather ignore and for some people it’s just another regular day.

Now I have experienced all of the above so whether you have a lover or are single, we all know music is such a good way to express emotion and I am your go-to-girl for a good playlist.

I have curated some playlists for everyone, lovers, a delusional lover, those who hate love and for the sad lovers. 

For the lovers:                                                 

Belong To You- Sabrina Claudia   

Love Between- Kali Uchis

Dope Lovers- DPR IAN

My Love- Jack Gilinsky, Don Toliver 

You’re special- NF

Now this is if you are spending valentine’s day with someone special (feel lucky). Love Between by Kali Uchis embodies the emotions of loving someone so much and you can feel those emotions when listening to this song.  Being able to say that you love someone so strongly is such an intense feeling and such an amazing thing to experience. 

For a Lover Who’s Not Your Lover:

On a mission- Summerella

Delulu- Lexie Liu

Falling- Jack and Jack

I wanna be your girlfriend- girl in red

Very Nice To Meet You- Chanmina

I unfortunately fall into this category this year. This is for those who don’t have a special someone but know who it should be. This is for those who may tend to be a little delusional and love to create a fake scenario based on one small interaction. That one special person may not know it, but they are yearned for so much. 

For a Lover With No Love

Yeah, i said it- Rihanna

Basic needs- Sabrina Claudio 

Forgive me- Chloe x Halle 

Flower- Ilya

In my head- Ariana Grande

Love Kills- Katie

This is my favorite playlist by far. I love to put someone in their place and these songs do just that! You will never catch me crying over someone but I will be listening to a song dissing them. Always remember not to settle, you accept the love you think you deserve; only accept the best. 

For a Sad Lover

Heartless- Madison Beer

Logical- Olivia Rodrigo 

Gone- Rosé

F*ck it I love you- Lana Del Rey

Afraid- the neighborhood

Now this one is for my depressed babes. It’s ok, there’s always next year! Nah i’m just joking. But sometimes you just have to be in your feels and that’s ok. Being in touch with your emotions is key to growing and healing. So let these songs feel like a good therapist that knows exactly what to say to make you feel better. 

So whether you’re dancing with joy or drowning in heartache this Valentine’s Day, music will always be one of the best companions and nothing hits more than a song you can relate to.