QT Designs: Muscatine’s New Go-To Destination for Custom Apparel

QT Designs in downtown Muscatine has just opened and it’s the perfect spot for your imagination to become a reality. But how did what started as a hobby become a business?

Imagine this: your favorite MLB team just made it to the World Series, but you realize that you don’t have any new gear to wear. How are you supposed to show your team spirit now? Jesse and Amy Quiroz opened their new business, QT Designs, for these types of situations.

Courtesy of QT Designs

What started as a fun hobby for Jesse’s wife, Amy, has now turned into a blooming business in the heart of downtown Muscatine. 

A few years ago, the owner of QT Designs, Jesse Quiroz, was struggling to find a gift for his wife, so he ended up buying her a Cricut. A high quality crafting machine used to make a multitude of things like stickers and decals. This is where their ambitions began.

Soon Amy Quiroz was attending the farmers market, and offering her unique designs to the people of Muscatine. This fun soon sparked the idea to begin a business, something both were interested in.

“Its funny,” Jesse shared, “I’m usually the one who is like let’s go all in and no breaks all gas, and she said, ‘lets run a storefront.’”

Starting a business is not an easy feat, and this is one thing Quiroz was aware of when inspiration struck.

Courtesy of QT Designs Facebook

Though there are always challenges of starting something new, Jesse and his wife had a vision of the shop in mind that would bring something fresh to the Muscatine area. They wanted their shop to resemble a vacation store upon walking in. 

“When you go on vacation and go down to the beaches you walk into a shop and they have all of these shirts on the wall,” shared Jesse, as he explained the idea behind their shop’s aesthetic.

The couple wanted to offer something they knew the community would enjoy, and ultimately support.

Connecting with the community has always been a passion for QT Designs. Both Jesse and Amy have built long-standing friendships within the community. As a former member of the Muscatine Community Schools, Jesse enjoys the designs that their business gets to facilitate for the Muskies.

Courtesy of QT Designs Facebook 

QT Designs was very kind with their donation of shirts to the Muscatine Dance Team for the dance competition they hosted in February. QT saw this as an opportunity to get their designs out there while also benefiting a local team. 

The business’s kind acts towards the community are definitely being reciprocated. Jesse and Amy Quiroz cannot wait for the future of their business.

If you are ever in need of some unique apparel QT Designs is the perfect place to go. There is nothing better than shopping small!

Visit QT Designs at: 115 Sycamore Street, Muscatine, Iowa

Email: [email protected]

Website: http://www.qt-designs.com/