Slam Dunk Style: The Fashionable World of Women’s Basketball

I took a look inside the fashion industry specifically in women’s basketball.

Over the course of the last few months, women’s basketball has taken the world by storm. Everyone is talking about it, and the teams are all over social media. You usually hear a lot about the players or who is winning, but more recently the topic of conversation is the fashion of the coaches and the athletes. 

Several of the women’s basketball coaches have very distinct styles and take their fashion very seriously. With March Madness and the games being super publicized, there is more desire for coaches and athletes to show off.

There have been a lot of stand-out outfits, specifically Kim Mulkey (LSU) and Dawn Staley (South Carolina).

Kim Mulkey is the first person I think of when people talk about women’s basketball fashion. She is known for her “out there” looks that are usually sparkly or colorful. As someone who is into fashion, Mulkey’s outfits are sometimes cool but they are very out there for a basketball game.

Someone like Dawn Staley still has fashionable outfits but they are a little more calm. She wears a lot of designer pieces, but wears colors on the more neutral side. Personally, I like her outfits a lot more than Mulkey’s. 

A lot of athletes have partnerships with different brands, which is why a lot of them have good style. At the WNBA draft, we saw a lot of amazing outfits. 

I had a few favorite looks from that night, but everyone looked so good. My favorite outfit of the night was Cameron Brink. Her dress was so beautiful and was the one that stood out to me most that night. Caitlin Clark also looked amazing in her all Prada outfit. 

Kamilla Cardosa and Nika Mühl also looked so good and I loved their outfits. Besides the actual girls who were drafted, there were a lot of teammates there supporting them. I loved Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd were some of my favorites. Paige dressed in a full Louis Vuitton white outfit that looked so good.

I love seeing celebrity fashion, so it was fun to see the athlete’s outfits at the draft. Overall I have loved to see the fashion of women’s basketball over the last few months and has been a fun addition to watching the games.