A Fan for Life: The anticipation for Taylor Swift’s New Release

Take a look into the excitement for Taylor’s new album

On April 19th, Taylor Swift released her 11th studio album “The Tortured Poets Department”. This day was anticipated by many and the countdown started right when she announced it months before. 

Every album has an immense amount of lead-up to the drop for fans all around the world. Ever since I was little I would get so excited before every album coming out. I remember the release of 1989 and being so excited I couldn’t contain myself. My family and I would go to Target and get the CD the day after. 

I know for all Swifties it is such an exciting moment. Staying up all night to listen to the whole album and see if she announces anything else. 

Taylor is a marketing genius and keeps her fans engaged all of the time. That is why she has so many fans that stay fans for so long. There is always something to look for and think about with anything she posts or releases. For this album, she had many different photo opportunities all over the world for fans to visit. 

“Easter eggs” are a staple for her. She always has little hints in music videos, or Instagram posts that keep fans on their toes. Looking for clues is so fun to see what she is going to do next. It almost seems like she has her life planned out years in advance and it is so crazy to see as a fan. Taylor Swift's 'Tortured Poets Department' pop-up in LA: All the Easter eggs

This album was even more exciting because when she announced it at the Grammys most of her fans thought she was going to announce “Reputation” Taylor version, but she ended up announcing a whole new album which was very exciting. 

Overall being a Taylor Swift fan is the best because there are always new things coming out. Also, the connections between her fans are so strong. I love connecting with people who share the love for her and her music. 

Being a fan since I was a little girl and experiencing her growth with her. Seeing her music and career evolve has been amazing and I have loved getting to connect to her music throughout my whole life.