Senior Year Survival Guide

Gearing up for your last year of high school.

As the year comes to an end, Seniors have been preparing for their plans after high school. For underclassmen, it can be hard to start thinking about Senior year. There are so many things you have to do and think about before you graduate. It might feel overwhelming going into your last year but with some help, you will be just fine. 

Senior year seems like it will be very overwhelming, but once you get there it will feel a lot less stressful. If you stay on track it will be totally manageable. Talk to your teachers, and engage in your classes. If you are falling behind make sure you talk to someone and get help. 

Drake Minder, a current Senior at our school takes his academics very seriously. He prepared a lot leading up to his. In the summer between Sophomore and Junior year, Drake worked through an apprenticeship with Kent. 

Working in a professional environment has greatly improved my professional skills and my job skills, and has readied me for life after school. The apprenticeship is through the school, so if you can find one that fits what you’re looking for, then I would say do it” said Drake. 

Having experiences before you go to college is super helpful because of the things you can learn from them. Personally, I took many classes through MCC to get as many college credits as possible to make my freshman year a lighter load. 

One of the most important things for your senior year is to just make sure you are staying on track. There so so many things you have to do with applications, scholarships, and your actual classes but if you keep up with deadlines you will be just fine. 

Drake leaves his advice, “For any underclassmen, I want you to apply yourself. Don’t take the easy classes, don’t skip out on any clubs, and don’t waste your time. Opportunities will come your way if you put in the effort. I wish luck to any underclassmen reading this trying to find ways to make their future better, and I respect your passion.”