Same Reputation, New Location

The softball teams challenges and the amazing new field that they have.

The softball field is finally here after a long overdue update. The former game and practice field was at Kent Stein Park, where there is a mix of softball and baseball fields. Fields, such as Bruner, were shared through different teams from surrounding areas. Now, the field resides at the high school, behind the football field. 

Players are excited to play on the new field and have a great start for the upcoming season. 

“The new field is beautiful and it’s nice to finally feel like it’s ours. Definitely something to be proud of,” said 

Jeni Jerret, 11th. 

The softball team has done an amazing job representing our school through their reputation and success, making a mark for the Muskies, even though it often goes unnoticed. Part of this reason may be due to it being a summer sport, where school is not in session. When you look at historical records, it is one of the high school’s most successful programs and one of the top programs to make state appearances. The teams have worked very hard to try to go to State every year. 

“Being a part of the muskie softball program is something I’m so grateful for. The leadership and determination I have built over the years is something I would never have received if I hadn’t been a part of the program,” shared Mia Molina, 10th.  

Even though it is a summer sport, softball is a commitment all year round. 

“Our program is built around the amount of hours one puts in. Whether you’re on the field or cheering from the dugout, being a part of the Muskie softball program is so rewarding,” said Mia Molina.

Jeni Jarret had a similar response.

“The most enjoyable part about the softball program is the culture, being a part of the team, and feeling like a family is such a rewarding part of this sport,” said Jeni. 

Softball players come and go as time goes on, as sad as it is for seniors to leave the high school field, it is equally rewarding to welcome the incoming freshman. 

“There are a few 8th graders who are pretty fast runners, I think they’ll help us a lot around the bases as courtesy runners or pinch runners,” said Aubrey Bender, 12th. 

“The team looks a lot different this year, there’s a lot of people in new positions or new players and I think we’re all excited to bond as a team and figure out what easy we can exceed on and off the field,” said Jeni.

With the field’s inclusion of the new batting cages and bull pins, the team is going to create a connection with the field and make the Muskies truly proud. Even though the season is still in the summer, use the on-campus location as a great excuse to attend a game and see what the reputable program is all about.