Kelsy Esmoil- Found

When people tell you writing will help, it really does help.

Kelsy Esmoil, a sophomore at Muscatine High School, loves to write. Kelsy has had many struggles in her life. When these struggles arise writing and the people close to her, help her in many ways.

“I like writing a lot. I used to write a lot like a year ago. I think the reason I was writing a lot was that I did not know how to process my own emotions, and it helped me a lot. When people will tell you that writing will help, it really did help,” Kelsy said.

Kelsy also stated that she used to write her own poems to cope with the struggles of life. She read a lot of poems at that time for inspiration and for a leisurely activity, that quickly turned into a hobby. That hobby turned into a passion for reading and writing.

When asked about her plans for the future Kelsy said that she is currently stuck on going to college in the state and majoring in English. 

“I want to study English, possibly do something with literature or journalism, I’m not really sure yet,” Kelsy stated. Even though she hasn’t found a career path Kelsy feels satisfied with the idea of making her English major dreams come true. 

Kelsy’s passion for writing has fueled her college and future plans and inspired many who know her. “I’m passionate about writing. All of the elective classes I’m taking except for PE, are writing classes, I’m taking Newspaper and Writers Workshop, look at me go.”

Along with writing Kelsy’s older sister, Amy, has helped her immensely with her mental health. “She’s like my adult twin. I can say something that no one understands and they will just give me a weird look, but my sister always understands what I’m trying to say. She is my biggest role model. She is non-judgmental

and she makes me feel understood. I think that’s the biggest reason why I have so much respect for her.”

Kelsy’s sister Amy, is very important to her but, there are also a couple more people that Kelsy holds very closely to her heart. These people are her boyfriend, Keaton, and her best friend Vanessa. “The people who are the most important to me are my best friend, Vanessa, and my boyfriend. Keaton is my very best friend.”

Kelsy is a very driven and hardworking high schooler, something that is very hard to find these days. In saying that Kelsy has dealt with many things in her life, but has always managed her way through them, with the help of writing and the people who are most important to the world to her. All being said we could all use a bit of Kelsy Esmoil in our lives.