Alex Galloway: The Light of Journalism

Get to know Alex Galloway, an important member of the Journalism program, and how she displays her personality.

You may know Alex Galloway from seeing her play soccer, hearing her infectious laugh fill the hallways, or maybe reading one of her other stories in The Auroran Today.

Alex is entering her Junior year of highschool and has been a light within our Journalism program for two years. Not only is she very dedicated to her role in Newspaper, she still finds time to lift our spirits.

As she is in the beginning of her Junior year, Alex is starting to figure out potential pathways for her career through electives she takes at MHS.

“Human anatomy, it is a lot of work but it is a good class, especially since I want to do healthcare in the future. The teacher Mr. Johnson is super nice and I’ve always been really fascinated by healthcare,” said Alex.

From school to the field, Alex chooses to dedicate her free time to playing on our Varsity soccer team.

“[Soccer] is a great form of community. If I know someone on the soccer field, I connect with them and it also helps keep me in shape,” said Alex.

Alongside the connections she makes on the field, Alex holds her relationships very close to her.

“One of my friends that’s made the most difference in my life is Ava. She’s always there for me whenever I need something, she’s a great listener, and one of my closest friends,” said Alex.

Alex and her best friend Ava Boyer at the beach themed football game.

Alex tends to find the joy within everything as her humor is very multifaceted.

“This is going to sound so bad but I think it’s funny when children fall. Their cute little chubby legs falling is so funny and cute. When they fall on their chest and their legs go up and when they sit there for a minute before they cry, it’s so bad but that definitely makes me laugh,” said Alex.

As her humor is very unique to who she is, so is her infectious laughter.
“I have a very loud, sometimes obnoxious laugh. But people say they love my laugh and I take that as a compliment,” said Alex.

On top of her amazing humor, Alex displays her personality through the clothes she wears and how she chooses to accessorize.

Alex in one of her favorite outfits!

“I would say I am stylish, apart from the laziness that I have every morning. If I have the energy, I’ll come up with a good outfit. I love style, it’s your own personal expression. You can express yourself through style and I really like that,” said Alex, “I wear rings anytime I can because I just love them. They’re something to fidget with and since I have social anxiety they help reduce that. I love how they look on my hands when I’m typing.”

Not only does her personality show through her style, Alex shared her love for films, especially ones made to watch during fall.

“I love Tim Burton films like The Corpse Bride. My favorite movie right now is The Nightmare Before Christmas because Fall is coming up, it’s a big comfort movie for me. I feel like it’s more of a Fall movie than Christmas. Claymation is so interesting because of how many pieces they make for one scene or one song,” said Alex.

With the colder season peaking through, Alex is excited to continue her hard work within the Journalism program as she is a member of both the Yearbook and our beloved Newspaper.

Make sure to come back and read Alex’s stories!