Stella Delong: The Motivated “Mastermind”

Get to know the MHS Auroran’s very own feature section editor, Stella Delong!

What do you think of when you think of dance? Maybe a few recitals you’ve been to? Or a new musical that’s coming out? For MHS Stella Delong, 12′, dance is her whole life. From long nights in the studio learning her own routines, to creating new choreo routines to teach her dance students. Stella spends the majority of her free time working in the dance studio.

“I love preforming, I’ve always been a performer,”  said Stella.

Stella preparing her students to dance at a competition.

Stella eats sleeps and breathes dance. She always makes sure she puts in her best effort, even if it has no later affect on her. She has a extremely proficient work ethic for every activity she is in.

“When I do something I make sure I have no distractions, because when I set my mind on something I do it,” said Stella.

Stella has an admirable work ethic that she hopes to pass on to the kids she teaches, and to inspire them by showing that hard work really does pay off. She teaches a variety of different ages and teaches them an array of different skills.

One of Stella’s dance students Hannah Booth said, “Stella is really cool, she is really good at teaching me how to point my toes”.

Stella with dance student Hannah Booth

But how does she stay on top of everything? To Stella music is one of the most valuable things on earth, and that it helps her through a lot of things in life, and keeps on top of her busy schedule.

“Music has helped me through a lot, its nice to have someone you can always go to even if you don’t even know them,” said Stella.

Stella’s favorite music artist is the multi-genre, fun loving, Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is a talented musical artist who sings about a variety of topics. But she is someone Stella can resonate with and relate to.

“In the dance studio I always want to be an inspiration to others,” said Stella.

But who inspires Stella? Stella takes a lot of inspiration from her parents and her own dance teachers. But someone that really sticks out to her is her MHS newspaper instructor Alex Rauenbuehler.

“Rauenbuehler has inspired me to do so much, she always make her class a fun and productive environment” said Stella.

Stella at Taylor Swifts “The Eras Tour”

Alex Rauenbuehler is the Journalism program Instructor here at MHS. Stella is a fellow member of the Newspaper crew, and gives Rauenbuehler all the credit in recruiting her. Stella loves to work, and has grown to love the journalism environment.

“Stella is someone who is consistently looking to improve, and I think it is because she holds herself to high standards,” said Rauenbuehler.

Stella Delong is an admirable and hardworking student who balances dance and academics while still continuing to be proficient. She also is excellent at setting boundaries for her self and has excelled in finding ways to keep grounded like her passion for music. Stella is a big and inspiring personality that everyone can listen too and learn something from.

I am so excited to get to know the newspaper crew and Stella!- Addie Weggen