Hadley: The Dazzling Dancer

“Kindness is key” is the motto that sophomore Hadley Hines lives by and it is undoubtedly shown through her radiating personality. This year is her first year on The Auroran Today as a writer. From her love of dancing to her future goal of following in her mother’s footsteps, Hadley is a passionate girl who strives for improvement every day. 

When asked to describe herself in three words Hadley answered; persistent, confident, and organized. 

“I work really hard for what I want, I’m constantly trying to get better and I was born confident. I don’t find myself shy around people or timid, especially as I’ve gotten older,” she said.

These traits are just a few that she has picked up over the many years she has dedicated to dance. Hadley has been a studio dancer since she was only two years old! She’s been dancing for 13 almost 14 years now. Besides studio dance at River City All-Stars here in Muscatine, she is also a member of the MHS dance team. All of this dancing has contributed to who she is today.

“It has consistently made me a better person throughout my whole life. I’ve learned how to be confident, I’ve learned how to be a leader, how to be a team player. I’ve learned how to not make excuses for when I mess up, that I just need to take accountability,” she said. 

Another way that dance has impacted her is through the connections she has made along the way. Her coaches Cara and Heather have taught her many valuable life lessons that she will use for the year to come. Not only does she look up to her coaches, but her mother is an inspiration to her as well.

“I want to be a teacher, my mom’s a teacher so I kind of have had the opportunity to volunteer with her work and I just found such a love for it,” she said. 

Hadley hopes to teach elementary students, but if she had to work in the middle/high school levels it would be teaching English because it’s the subject she loves and is best at. She also loves to read, her favorite genre being dystopian.

“It never gets old and there’s so many ways you can go with it, that and cheesy romance books are just so cutesy,” said Hadley. 

Apart from books she has an immense love for the movie Tangled, the love for the movie started at a very young age.

“My favorite movie of all time is Tangled. Anybody you talk to and ask, I’m pretty sure they can tell you. I consistently watch it, it’s been my favorite since I was little. From birthday outfits to backpacks, I was obsessed with it and still am. I love it,” she said. 

Hadley describes kids as some of her favorite people to be around. Being able to dance in the same studio as them and seeing how they look up to her inspires her.

“When you’re in those settings they look up to you and it’s the cutest thing, especially at the dance studio. Those little girls, they see you as the sun, the moon, and the stars. It’s the sweetest thing,” she said.

Hopefully one day the kids in Ms. Hadley Hines’s elementary room will be able to look up to her as the sun, the moon, and the stars as well, but for now, the dance kids will take their turn!

Make sure to keep an eye out for Hadley’s future stories!!