Estella Bland: The Girl of Your Dreams

A deeper look into the outstanding and wonderful Estella Bland.

Artistic

Intelligent

Beautiful 

These three words are how the empowering Estella Bland describes herself. Estella is a Senior at Muscatine High School. In the Newspaper, she is a Section Editor of Arts and Entertainment. Outside of school, Estella is a very creative and fun person to be around.

“Outside of school, I spend a lot of time creating art, that’s something I enjoy. I think it’s a great way to express emotion. But again not every piece has to have a deeper meaning, sometimes you just wanna make something cool. It’s very much of an outlet for me,” said Estella. 

Everyone is unique in their own way. Whether that be activities, interests, or anything else. There is one thing that sets Estella apart from others. 

“I think that I can problem solve in a very particular way and view situations from a lens that takes into account logistics as well as emotions if it is a difficult situation. I think I’m pretty decent at knowing what to do in a good variety of situations,” said Estella. 

Our loved ones around us can help push us to be the best person possible, Estella is inspired by her friends and family. 

“My mother, I love her so much, she’s wonderful. My friends, I love them. Just them particularly. My grandma was also important to me, I am named after her. Yeah, I think a lot of the joy I get is from being around my friends. And even when it is like not doing anything and you’re just sitting together. It is so wonderful, safe, and comfortable,” said Estella.

Growing up Estella has always stood out for her creative fashion ideas. By setting the stage for those around her. 

“I spend a lot of time on Pinterest. I’m online a lot, probably more than I should be. But it’s a lot of whatever stuff I see and I’m like that’s quite cool I should try and find that. I like to think I have a couple of different vibes as far as it’s not one very particular aesthetic. So I think that is fun because I do like being very fluid in the way I look and sort of not having one set-in-stone type of thing,” said Estella. 

Behind the scenes, there is one thing that people do not know about the remarkable Estella. 

“A lot of people do not know I have eight half-siblings. My dad got around. I’m the oldest girl, I have two older brothers than a bunch of younger ones. So once I graduate that will kick off four or five years of consecutive graduations for my dad. But I am my mom’s only child,” Estella said. “Another thing is that I have thirteen animals. We got Fishstick when I was in third grade. He is a cat. Waffles is a cat. Besos our dog, Besos was my uncle and we took him in. Dame our dog. Puppy, ramen, and apples which are all cats. Chanclas, which is a husky. Tic, Tac, Toe they’re babies. And then we got Beast Cat. And finally, Mancha, who is a cat,” said Estella.

Estella is a talented individual, for those who know her, absolutely love her. Watch out for her incoming stories! (They will set the curve) She truly is the girl of your dreams.

Pictures!!