Painted Parking Spots!

Are they worth it?

As we fall into the school year of 2023-2024, painted parking spots become available to upperclassmen (Juniors and Seniors). Painted parking spots are designated spots for the upperclassmen to “rent” for the school year. It’s $40 ($35 for seniors who purchase one for the second time) and applications are due Friday, September 22nd!

Returning buyer, Grace Zorich, finds that the parking spots are very convenient for being late and the bad weather that comes with winter.

“One thing I really like is that in the winter it is so cold, and especially being a senior and getting here later would insinuate getting bad parking and having to walk all the way around. So being able to have a designated spot close is so useful,” said Grace Zorich.

Painted parking spots have always been available for just Juniors and Seniors. Some like it that way, but others wouldn’t mind if the underclassmen got the same advantage.

“Having it available for upperclassmen is a yes or no for me when regarding if it is better that way. It is mostly beneficial to juniors and seniors because they’re leaving. If a bunch of people are able to apply they would not get a spot but I would not be super against it,” said Grace.

Some others like how it is only available for upperclassmen.

“Only upperclassman, if you’re a freshman why are you driving in the first place? It should be based on seniority. Younger grades should not get the same benefits that upperclassmen do,” said Senior Mckenzie Lemkau.

While students think about purchasing one, the negatives are bound to be on their minds.

“I do not think there are any negatives but some of those intricate designs. Like painting, it is so hard. But I 100% recommend getting one,” said Grace.

Juniors and Seniors, it’s not too late. Print your own packet or go pick up a packet in Attendance or Mrs. Rauenbuehler’s room!