Journalism One’s Favorite Films

Get to know your fellow classmates by reading about their favorite movies!

This semester, Mrs. Rauenbuehler teaches Journalism I during first hour. Within this class there are many different people with all sorts of different personalities and opinions. Read on to see all of their favorite films and why those films are special to them!

Chloe Paulsen(Sophomore)The Hunger Games

I like all the movies in The Hunger Games series but I would say my favorite one is the first one because it’s really emotional and I think they did the best of recreating the book with that movie.

I think what made the movie memorable for me is that it had a lot of different scenes that fit together really well. I liked the scenes where they announced the names of the two tributes in the movie and how the emotions seemed so real.

I think people that like action and romance would really like this movie. The movie along with the books is basically a brewing romance where kids are thrown into a game where they have to kill each other to win. (That’s where the action part comes in.) I would recommend all people to watch this movie. I would also recommend to read the books. They are really good. (Both he books and movies)

This movie has impacted my life because it makes me realize that our society can do so many things it can choose to do good or it can choose to do evil. This movie has also made me realize that there are so many people in this world that live in poor neighborhoods or come from poor places.”

Elisabet Bello(Freshman)Mean Girls

“I really enjoyed the movie because of the speech Cady gave at the end.

I would probably say the most memorable part would be the plot twist with Cady turning into a “mean girl”.

I would suggest it to people who haven’t watched it yet or want to watch a good film. Or to people who like drama, suspension, and a good laugh. 

Most of the movie is about drama between them. I guess It impacted my life because it taught me to not be like others but be yourself and don’t turn up on your friends.”

Apollo Hayes(Junior)Brokeback Moutain

I love cheesy sad romances. It gets me in the feels and is just a cute story. It’s also an adorable film for sensory!

I personally love the camera angles and views shown. Brokeback Mountain takes place in beautiful mountains with two ranchers helping with cattle. The shots taken at dusk and dawn are absolutely stunning, and the glow the moon and sun give are amazing.

Anyone looking for a good LGBTQ romance story would like this movie and anyone who likes romance, cowboys, or dramatic movies. The movie is very melancholy and sweet, having a sweet romance with a twist that not many romances look into.

This movie has honestly made me more understanding of other situations. I’m not the best with romance and never will be but seeing how two people who are very different and have very differing opinions get along and actually have a romance kinda broke me. My friend groups usually think romances like this should end in one coming to the other’s side, but they don’t. And that’s okay. I understand it makes some more uncomfortable, however I find it comforting to know even if I’m different I can still find love and make friends from different backgrounds.”

Era Boyer(Sophomore)– Footloose

“I like this movie Because it’s a cute and I like the story.

I like when the main character has an angry dance and gets caught by a girl that he likes, it’s very memorable.

I would recommend this movie to people who like “old fashioned” and lighthearted movies.

Its impacted my life because it’s cute and every once in a while you’re like “”I want to watch footloose and then you watch it. It makes me laugh and feel good during tough times”