Is it beginning to look a lot like Christmas?

There has always been a debate about when the holiday season begins, but after asking a few Muskies and looking at the science, the consensus is in.

Now that Halloween is over and November is here, people all around town will begin to celebrate Christmas. Christmas, a time for fun holiday cheer and festivities, can be a great time for everyone, but some still want to wait out the celebration.

For some November 1st is the beginning of the holiday season, but for others, this couldn’t be further from true. 

This is true for Nate Lukkarinen who is a sophomore this year at MHS. When asked when he starts celebrating Christmas he shared, “After Thanksgiving,” is when the holiday season begins for him.

There is a lot of debate over both sides of the argument, so much so that psychologists have begun to study the science behind celebrating Christmas early as opposed to later in the season.

According to KXAN, psychologists have found a multitude of connections between Christmas decorations and a release of happiness.

“It does create that neurological shift that can produce happiness,” Psychologist Deborah Serani states in an interview with the Today Show.

Sophomore, Andy Frankie, also shared his love for the holiday season. Andy stated that he loves to celebrate Christmas, “As soon as possible,” when it comes to this time of year.

Christmas is a time for fun and festivities. Whether you celebrate immediately by replacing your pumpkins with wreaths, or waiting it out for a while to eat your turkey first, there is something for everyone during the holiday season.