Spring Cleaning Checklist

Spring is here and it’s time to shake off the dust of winter. Here’s some tips on how to go about your spring cleaning this year.

Spring is all about new beginnings and fresh starts. Cleaning up and refreshing your space is a perfect way to reset and start the season right. Shake off the dust of winter by following these tips and tricks on how to get started and execute those cleaning days.

Before you begin: Whether it be a garage, your room, an office, etc. depending on what area you will be cleaning, make sure you have your goals and intentions set straight. Know what exactly it is that you wish to accomplish and remind yourself of it. Prioritize what needs to be done first and what places need the most attention. 

Declutter: Time to get rid of all the things you don’t need anymore. Maybe it’s the clothes that grandma gave you for Christmas… six years ago. This is the time to organize things for donation, trash, or for keeping. If it’s something you know you won’t be needing anymore or have no use for, toss it out. Cleaning out the clutter before you begin cleaning will make things go more smoothly. Use this time to gather everything you need. Tip: use microfiber towels for wiping things down, surface cleaner, broom, etc., etc. 

Make your plan: What will you be tackling first? Maybe you will focus on the parts that need the most attention to get it out of the way, or maybe you’ll be focusing on the little areas and then build your way up the ladder. Whatever your preference is, make sure you have some good tunes on or a show to make this whole process a little less tedious.

Focus on neglected areas: Spring cleaning is about DEEP cleans. Make sure you’re paying attention to those areas you would usually overlook ⇒ light fixtures, fan blades, door knobs. It can seem like a pain but small details will make a big difference!

Take breaks: It’s okay to take some time to yourself and take breaks, deep cleaning can be physically demanding! Make sure to take care of yourself but remember to come back and stay on track. 

Once you have everything done and out of the way, take a step back to admire your hard work and embrace your accomplishment. Enjoy your freshly cleaned and refreshed space. Spring cleaning isn’t just about cleaning your space, it is also about taking care of yourself and your well-being!