Mr. Castle: The Heart of the MHS Family

Get to know the new principal of MHS and how he incorporates his love of family into his position.

MHS is a large high school with many close knit opportunities to connect with other students. These can be things like clubs, sports, extracurricular classes, and much more. Those organizations can create a family-like sense with the leadership of students and staff, but who is the overall lead of MHS?

This lead would be MHS principal Ryan Castle, who is currently three months into his first year in this role. Castle has had experience in the education field as he taught science for several years before moving up the rank to his current job title as principal.

“I went to the University of Northern Iowa and got an undergrad degree in chemistry,” said Castle.

With education being a field in dire need of staff, Castle is a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day for MHS. He is always giving his best to support the students and other staff members. Castle prioritizes helping all the students succeed, but along with helping teens at school, he also has several children of his own.

“I am a father of two, my daughter is a sophomore here at MHS, and my son is now a freshman at Iowa State studying animal science,” said Castle.

With the job title of principal, Castle has a pretty packed schedule, but he makes sure to always make time for his family, as he prioritizes his wife and kids more than anything. He also has a passion for music, and even participated in plays, show choirs, and various solos in middle school.

Mr. Castle out adventuring with his family.

“If you give me a piece of music I maybe will sing it, its something I can do but don’t focus on,” said Castle.

Castle’s love for music doesn’t stop at his secret singing, as he loves to roll the windows down and jam out in his truck. His favorite band is Starset,  and he loves to call himself more of a “hard rock person”, but he is also a down to earth guy, who loves to travel and spend time with the family he built.

Overall, MHS is a large school that needs a strong leader, and Mr. Castle has definitely stepped up to the plate. Supporting students, being a fantastic husband and father, and also making sure that the building is a safe and fun learning environment. His first year has definitely been successful so far with minimal conflict, and it seems that MHS is in good hands.